I like it. With the WIP having 7 vp characters, many non-vp characters, and bunches of settings, Hiveword lets me organize it somewhat easily. The Scenes Setting lets me scan down my 117 scenes and check on things like too many scenes in one place. The setting title could have time and weather, too. I haven’t gotten that far in the plotting yet.
That said, I had to number the scenes. It was easy for me add the scene # with the title in Hiveword. Until I discovered I’d forgotten to add a character. I use an Excel spreadsheet to plot the characters’ order of appearance. When I added the forgotten character, the spreadsheet was easy to update the scene numbers because I have one column that adds +1 to the previous scene number. Not so, Hiveword. I had 109 scenes and needed to add 8 more, spread out in different acts. I had to open every scene, click on the title, change the number, and then save it.
But, moving the scenes around was easy with the Scene Sorter. Just move the scene square where you want it!
With the setting scene filter to view one setting, the program dims the other scenes. (There is a place to check mark to hide “unmatched scenes.”)
You can filter scenes in the Scene Sorter, too.
This lets me think where inside this building these should take place, or if the vp characters should have different interpretations of the setting to add conflict. I numbered the scenes as 2-1 and 2-2 when in the scene is in more than one location.
The Scene by Plotline gives a view much like my Excel worksheet, except I have titles in the squares. Not a major difference. Since this has a New Scene option, I might try plotting scenes here first next time.
I’ll update as I use Hiveword more.